We all need time for rest. Would you agree?
I'd like to share insights after our much-needed 5-day getaway in northern Michigan last week. I got to visit one of my favorite places: Interlochen Center for the Arts.
Simply walking around this sacred land rejuvenated me. (Not to mention meeting two marvelous staff.) This is a place promoting world friendship. Bringing youth together from around the world, through both a camp and high school academy. Inspiring everyone to pursue their passion in the arts, learn from top leaders, and go after their dreams.
Here's what I'd recommend to recharge your batteries:
1. Get away regularly. (Step away from your computer. Be near a place that makes you feel good.)
2. Tune into nature. Take quiet time to walk among the trees, stroll by a beach, gaze at a sunset, watch the birds.
3. Be open to smiling at strangers and talking to them. (You'll feel good!)
4. Sleep later than usual. Or get up earlier to watch the sun rise.
5. Watch a uplifting movie – just for the fun of it. We just saw “The Lost City” with Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum and Brad Pitt. It’s a wonderful, funny adventure film.
After returning back to a whirlwind at my office, I'm more aware of the importance of keeping a calm perspective. Life has ups and downs. Yet, we don't have to be continually on this emotional roller-coaster.
In my next post, I'll be sharing tips to staying calm and productive while being surrounded with multiple distractions.
Till then -- keep on smiling!
And Preeti, remember: you DO make a difference.
All the best,
P.S. For those who want to learn more about this amazing place, check out: https://interlochen.org.