I want you to know -- we are in this together.
Life has felt very challenging lately. The world's tumultuous news. Healthcare concerns.
Our own vulnerability to outside events.
I want to be open with you. After dealing with emotional challenges lately -- from the loss of my father to the ongoing concerns over a friend with a serious illness, my lower back has been responding with severe pain. I just went for spinal x-rays and had an MRI yesterday.
As I know, our inner self affects the outer self. I just got off the phone with a doctor who recommends that I have back surgery! Yikes. I will do whatever I can to avoid something so drastic. And yet, I will be open to hearing that perspective.
I prefer listening to a highly recommended chiropractor and amazing physical therapist, and taking less invasive measures. So I'm doing my best to take care of myself, as I serve several clients to let them know I'm still here for them. In the meanwhile, I'm pausing to reflect...
What is the gift in this situation? I invite you to consider the gifts in your own challenges...
No matter what happens around us, we still get to choose our thoughts.
So here's what I CAN do... (And what you can do too!)
1. Take Deep breaths. This calms down the nervous system and tells our brain that we're alright.
2. Say Positive Affirmations. Our brain is a computer, taking in all the thoughts and messages that we repeat to ourselves. I'm choosing to say:
"I am good enough."
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better."
"I make a difference."
3. Visualize A Happy Place. The mind can take us places to feel better.
4. Take Positive Action. Let's do what we CAN in any situation. Speak up. Write a blog. Give yourself time for more sleep.
5. Remember - You Are Not Alone. We are what we think. And sometimes, we need support beyond what we consciously know. That's why relationships are so important.
"To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world." Dr. Seuss
Sending you all much love,